Have you ever asked this pondered that why do you travel? What’s behind this inexplicable urge to see a new place, soak into a different cultural fest and seek a new adventure?Sometimes a place exudes its historical occurrences, sometimes it’s a unique art or craft that tell tales of a legacy, folklores woven by bravery, sacrifices, rituals etc. India, is teeming with such historical places, some are landmark architectural wonders attracting thousands of globetrotters every year. If India is on your mind this season, then select Vue India Tours, the best inbound travel agency for an experiential holidaying in this incredible country.Let’s take you to a whirlwind tour of some of the must-visit historical cities worth exploring in India.
1. Delhi-The historic capital city of India has more than 150 patented monuments out of which Qutub Minar, Red Fort and the Humayun Tomb are 3 UNESCO heritage sites that attracts flocks of travelers across the world. Besides the magnificent trio, there are other remnants of forts, tombs, spectacular temple complexes, the awe-inspiring India Gate and bustling markets of Old Delhi where every lane is a mind-blowing cacophony of color, sound and striding desires to gratify your traveler self.
2. Agra- Its home of the Taj Mahal, the most spectacular monument dedicated to eternal love and commitment. The grand vision crafted out of white Makrana marble took decades of sheer craftsmanship and dream perfection which made it today one of the seven wonders of the world. Taj alone attracts more than 8 million tourists every year. Besides this celestial mausoleum, Agra has other Mughal architectural landmarks like Agra Fort, I’timad-ud-Daulah, Akbar’s Tomb etc. Fatehpur-Sikri is a stone’s throw away from Agra city, so do not even think to miss the old seat of the Mughals.
You may also like: Top 10 Cultural Destinations of India
3. Udaipur- Fondly referred as India’s Lake city, Udaipur is an oasis in the desert of Rajasthan. Shrouded with lush hillocks of the Aravallis, Udaipur is best known for its lake palaces and luxury seats. Fly down here to relish a luxurious time and witness the grandeur of Rajput culture and the heroic legacies. Stroll on the narrow lanes circling Lake Picholaand enjoy the dazzling reflection of Udaipur city on the serene waters of this massive man-made lake. Be mesmerized at how swiftly the nomadic clouds veils the Monsoon palace that’s perched at one hill top.Consider visiting Kumbhalgarh Fort (India’s Great Wall), Chittaur Fort, Haldighati Battlefield and Mount Abu. Besides these popular sightseeing places, experience fun activities like camel and elephant rides, royal dining, hot air balloon, lac bangle shopping, turban tying etc.
4. Bhubaneswar– A day or couple of days exploring temples, studying the architecture, the passionate craft of chiseling stones and dedicating prime years of artisan’s life to carve the reverence all and only for the Almighty, this may happen when you are in Bhubaneswar, India’s Temple City. You will be amazed to know that there are more than five hundred temples in this city which is undoubtedly a paradise for both sculpture and art lovers. Consider day trips to once exalted seats of Buddhism and JainismatRatnagiri, Udaigiri and Khandagiri, still reverberating the aesthetics of an enlightened past. Now that you’ve realized the magnitude of spiritual tranquility, turn towardsPuri, an adjoining holy city where Lord Jagannath resides. It’s one of the holiest site of the Hindus world famous for its annual Chariot Festival, attended by millions of enthusiastic devotees.
5. Hampi– Walk up to an unbelievable carnival of stone carvings scattered over a lush vista that still reverberates of a golden culture and a just dynasty. Discover the overflow of incredible energy in the ruins of Hampi the last capital of Vijayanagar dynasty while you’re enjoying the most historical destinations in your South India tour package. This UNESCO heritage site takes 2/3 days of your holiday trip and leaves you mesmerized with its ruins, intriguingly intermingled with large boulders, giant chariots, statues chiseled from a single rock, temples and animal statues. Come, discover the laid back Hampi, still basking in the grandeur of its ruins that lights up your soul.
For an experiential time in India, select Vue India Tours, the best destination management company in Indiathat specializes in experiential and incentive packages, the way you have always wanted to experience this magnificent country.