Beaches of Goa in India – Most romantic place in India
Goa – The Best Tourist Destination in India
Goa is a tourist hub of India famous by various names such as “Pearl of the Orient” and “Rome of East”. The city is located in the southwestern coast of India. In the map, it lies immediately underneath the state of Maharashtra. This place is considered as a home for the most of finest beaches in the world. North Goa beaches are meant for party lovers whereas the South Goa beaches are an ideal spot for couples in search of privacy.
The Royal History
Goa remained under Portuguese colonial rule for a period of 451 years. The city got freedom from them in 1962 and became an independent state in 1987. Goa encourages hippie culture from the 70’s and this fact has gained enormous popularity for the place.
It had always been attracting the traders, merchants, monks, missionaries since its earliest known history. Goa has undergone continuous changes, leaving an immortal impression on various aspects of its culture and socio-economic development. Goa has several historical monuments, churches, and eye-catching sights.
Places to Visit
There are lots of famous places in Goa to visit-
- Visit ‘Cola Beach’ to spend your holidays away from the crowded and noisy suburbs of the town.
- Fort Tiracol: It is the 17th century Portuguese fort that is located on top of a cliff in the Indian Ocean.
- Go for Backwater cruise ride through the thick mangrove trees and marshes of Cumbaruja Crocodile Canal and spot crocodiles sunbathing on the banks.
- One can also explore Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary, which is the epicenter of flora and fauna in Goa.
- Calangute Beach: One of the most popular beaches in Goa’s Konkan coast. It’s crowded but perfect for sight-seeing and visualizing the cultural colors and sea.
Safety Tips to Follow:
- A trip to this state should be avoided in May as this is the hottest month.
- Goa is quite safe to travel alone but still it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Ask our travel counsellors about booking for Goa beaches and Tour packages. Click here to send us your query.